Saturday, July 2, 2011

Gacier Bay, Part 2 (of ?)!

Hello all.
I am in Juneau right now and will be leaving for Ketchikan tomorrow morning which will be my last stop in Alaska. Here are a few more photos from the Glacier Bay part of my trip, the part where I was actually working! I am about half way through editing the Glacier Bay photos and haven't even started on Juneau.

I am grouping the photos by type, starting with some bald eagle photos. The last photo (Lupine) is my favorite of the trip so far.

An adult bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) flying past me.

An eagle guarding its nest.

An eagle perched while the sun was setting on the solstice in Gustavus.
A harlequin duck (Histrionicus histrionicus).
An otter hauled out on an exposed reef (and another otter swimming in the water)
A juvenile sea otter eating mussels and green urchins.
A male Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus) on his own rock at South Marble Island.
Steller sea lions at South Marble Island.
A Steller sea lion with a nice salmon catch!
Steller sea lion with a salmon and black-legged kittiwakes (Rissa tridactyla) trying to get some leftovers.
A black oystercatcher (Haematopus bachmani) protecting its nest on North Marble Island.
Black oystercatcher on North Marble Island.

The Gustavus pier at sunset on the solstice.

The Alaskan Gyre (the boat I stayed on for part of the trip) with Ben manning the dredge site in the background.
Tall pines on a sunny day in Gustavus. 




Lupine (My favorite photo of the trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment