Saturday, July 20, 2013

The moment my camera was waiting for

So I haven't had a lot of time to take photos lately. I was thinking about this on my way into the Rancho Marino property on Monday afternoon. Rancho Marnio is the UC reserve in Cambria where our SLO otter field station is based. I was headed up to help out with an activity budget on an otter early Tuesday morning. I love getting the chance to go up because RM is so peaceful and I get a chance to see other otter folk. (And lets not forget that I get to see my favorite beagle, Harry)

There was some offshore fog and a few clouds in the sky. I was wondering if there would be a photo worthy sunset. Then it occurred to me that it has been over a month since I have touched my camera! I was a little sad, and had a feeling that the sunset wasn't going to be as nice as I wanted it. I parked the car and got out and starting walking towards the buildings when Zach came over making a 'take a photo' motion to me. I walked back to the car and grabbed my camera. I had no clue what I was about to go take photos of. It turns out that there was a bobcat hunting for rodents. Talk about timing! I was just getting sad about not taking photos and walked into a perfect photographic moment.

Bobcat (Lynx rufus)

Bobcat (Lynx rufus)

Bobcat (Lynx rufus)

No comments:

Post a Comment