Friday, December 7, 2012

It's been a while!

Well it has been a long time since I added a new blog post. Lately, all my free time has gone to printing photos in hopes of high sale days at the art show. This has left very little time for shooting. I am hoping to get out this weekend because as you Californians know, it has been raining here which makes our landscapes quite striking!

Below I have a mish-mash of photos from all over Southern California.

First, there is a resting Red-tailed hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) in the early morning light near Lompoc, CA. This guy seemed so large that I first thought it was a golden eagle! It forced me to stop the car and get a better look. Even though it wasn't an eagle, I was still happy I stopped to admire that piercing look.

The second photo is from Bolsa Chica reserve in Huntington Beach, CA. I got there just before sunset, but still got a few shots in before it got too dark. I decided to try some bird panning in the low light. I think it paid off. This one was my favorite. It is a flock of snowy egrets (Egretta thula) flying close over the water.

The next two photos are at Mission Creek in Santa Barbara (right where I have my booth at the Sunday art show). The sunrise this morning was so beautiful. We stopped for a quick minute on our way to meet up for our wonderful day at Anacapa Island.


*Hope you enjoyed the photos, and that the next post isn't as lagged as this one! 

1 comment:

  1. Nicole! You featured today on Empirical Magazines blog!! http://empiricalmag.blogspot.com/2012/12/from-empirical-archives-moment-with.html

    ReplyDelete