Friday, February 11, 2011

A pinniped, a hummingbird and a sunset.

Today there is a bit of a mish mash of photos. The first is from the Monterey Coast Guard Jetty (also known as the Breakwater). This is an adult male California sea lion playing in the water right next to the jetty. 
The second photo is from Big Sur of a male Anna's hummingbird. I know I post a lot of these guys, but they are my favorite animal and I just can't resist taking photos of them when I see them! This little guy landed on a branch only 3 feet from my head. I actually had to back up to take the photo because I couldn't focus.
The third photo for today was a nice sunset we had on Saturday (2-5). I was doing an activity budget (where we watch one otter for 6 hours) so I couldn't really move around a lot. Luckily I was in a good enough spot to get some of the cliff in the foreground of the photo. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh!!!! You are magic with the camera.The photos make my day!

    ReplyDelete