Tuesday, November 11, 2014

More Manu, more color!

Ok, here it goes again! More photos from the lowlands in Peru. I have only 3 short weeks till I leave for South Africa and my goal is to get all my Peru pictures up here before I leave! I have a lot of photos to go so the posts may start to get a bit longer.

Red-barred amarynthis (Amarynthis meneria)

Black-throated nunbird (Monasa nigrifrons)

Blue-headed parrots (Pionus menstruus)

Blue-tailed emerald (Chlorostilbon mellisugus)

Bluish-fronted jacamar (Galbula cyanescens)

Another crazy caterpillar.


Scarlet and blue and yellow macaws in flight.
Yet another photo of a long-tailed tyrant (Colonia colonus), can you tell by now that I really loved these birds? 

Vermillion flycatcher (Pyrocephalus rubinus). I like the red mohawk going on in this photo.
White-eyed parakeets (Psittacara leucophthalma)

An owl monkey came down to check us out. Also called night monkeys, these little guys are not commonly seen in the day-time.







The last three photos were taken on the last day we were at Villa Carmen. (Although this is not the last post of Villa Carmen photos- I'm not going in chronological order by any means) The last day was kinda odd. I was sitting around not really wanting to walk far and Sean came to tell me that he found an aracari (in the toucan family) and showed me where their nest was. I was really excited because I had yet to get any photos of toucans and couldn't believe that I was in Peru for well over a month and had yet to get a toucan photo! The butterfly below was also a really big treat for me because I saw these beautiful butterflies all week and only saw them flying with no chance of photographing them. Finally in the last few hours we were at Villa Carmen, one was resting on a tree and stayed there for a long enough time to get some photos!

Chestnut-eared aracari (Pteroglossus castanotis)

Red flasher (Panacea prola amazonia).

Here is a picture of the red flasher's underside. It was so beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment